According to Statista, it is estimated that Africa houses roughly 30 percent of known global mineral reserves. These desirable commodities can be found in most electrical products we use today, including tungsten, gold, tin, and cobalt. Extracting these minerals is difficult, costly and time-consuming. At Heavy Industry Logistics we recognise the importance of managing costs across all aspects of the extraction process.
Logistics, in its simplest form, is making the right decision in sufficient time for an identified goal to be achieved. This requires the continual review of internal and external influences affecting an organisation’s performance.
The mining industry is extremely competitive. With proper incorporation of logistics planning, an organisation can reduce costs and improve project delivery. There are a range of specific mining logistics services which Heavy Industry Logistics offers:
- Logistics consultancy
- Project Supervision
- Simulation and risk analysis
- Emergency attention (spot shipments)
- Transport Engineering
- Route studies
- Infrastructure conditioning
- Analysis of stowage, lifting and lashing plans
- Study of traffic and transit times
- Bridge reinforcements
- Transport of oversized cargo
- Analysis of Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality (HSEQ) systems
- Preservation of equipment and extension of supplier guarantees
- Warehouse management and material control
- Naval Engineering
- Air, Sea and River Chartering
- Customs management for project cargo
- Cost Impact Analysis
- Reverse logistics
- Inspection of the loading and unloading of the shipment at origin and destination
- Emergency response management in land transport operations
- HSEQ supervision of logistics operations
- Route evaluations for land transport
In prioritising these services, and outsourcing to a regional expert, it is possible to lower inventory costs and freight costs while lowering risks.
HiLOG is your logistics partner
Logistics, as a percent of a mining company’s total operating costs may be small, but it is possible to uncover hidden savings by reexamining how logistics challenges are addressed. Heavy Industry Logistics provides targeted solutions that reduce operating costs and improve service levels while freeing your team to focus on strategic initiatives.
Each year HiLOG is responsible for moving 100s of pieces of heavy earth moving equipment such as excavators, dump trucks and wheel loaders, as well as infrastructure equipment for the processing end of the cycle all over Africa.